Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tasting- Montebuena Rioja

 

Name: Montebuena 
Variety:  Rioja
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $ 8.95
Winery Review: (100% Tempranillo, raised entirely in American oak): Vivid ruby. Ripe cherry and blackcurrant on the nose and in the mouth. Pliant and seamless in texture, with good heft and back-end energy. Finishes smooth and sweet, with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip. Still on the young side but this wine drinks very well with an hour or so of decanting; it's an excellent value for Rioja.


Personal Review:I faintly smelled black current in the wine upon first swirl. I tasted it, the wine was sweet. It had a distinct taste at the beginning, that I did not enjoy. The finish was better. The wine was a dry. I enjoyed the taste, however, I do not think that I would purchase this wine. I did not pair it with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment