Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tasting - Georges Duboeuf Beajolais Nouveau

Name: Georges Duboeuf
Variety: Beajolais Nouveau
Region: Beaujolais
Country: France
Price: $7.95
Year: 2013

Winery Review: An aromatic red, with floral and white peach notes accenting the black raspberry and plum flavors. This is open-knit and fresh, offering light tannins on the finish.

Personal Review:  Made from young grapes, this wine had a dark red color. The banana and raspberry flavors were very pungent. The first taste I got on my palate was the banana flavor, the mid-palate was very dry, and then at the end I got the alcohol and acidic flavors. This wine was very complex and interesting. I did not pair it with food. I think that it would complement nicely, with banana bread.  

No comments:

Post a Comment