Sunday, March 9, 2014

Tasting- Arnold Palmer Chardonnay

Name: Arnold Palmer
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: ?
Country: California 
Year: 2011
Price: 7.95 


Winery Review: A vibrant Chardonnay from vineyards in cooler climates of California. Chardonnay is well known for its characteristic fresh apple fruit aromas and rounded, rich flavors. Weather during the 2011 harvest provided ideal growing conditions for lush, yet perfectly balanced fruit.

Personal Review: Who knew that Arnold Palmer made wine too? I was expecting it to taste a lot like the non-alcoholic beverage. However, I was pleasantly surprised! On the nose I got hints of green apple. It was sweet, and I got lots of buttery and oaky flavors.  The oak did not over power the other fruit flavors, it was just the right amount. The finish was light and fresh feeling at the top of your palate. I enjoyed this wine and this finish very much! I did not pair this wine with food.   

No comments:

Post a Comment