Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tasting- simply Naked Cabernet Sauvignon




Name:  Simply Naked 
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon 
Region: ?
Country: California 
Year: 2011
Price: $10

Winery Review: Simply Naked Cabernet Sauvignon has plum, black cherry and cinnamon spice with chewy tannins that don't weigh down the wine. Medium-full bodied.

Serve with:

  • grilled or roasted red meats,
  • tomato-based pasta dishes,
  • and hard cheeses.

Personal Review: on the nose I get: dark fruits and a sweet cassis jam flavor. When I taste it I get the smell of graphite. The mid Pallate is very dry and I get the taste of dried cranberries. The wine is a medium body. The finish is of spices and wood. I enjoy this wine because there is less if an oaky component to it. There is a hint of oaky-ness. However, I does not over power the wine. I did not pair this wine with food. Overall, it was okay. It may have been a little to earthy for me. I would like to try it again, before I decide that I do not like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment