Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tasting- Georges DuBoeuf Beaujolais Nouveau

Name:  Georges DuBoeuf
Variety: Beaujolais Nouveau
Region:?
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: $3.95

Winery Review:Balanced and lightly creamy, offering pretty flavors of plum sauce and raspberry coulis threaded with hints of ground spice. Elegant, with a floral finish. Drink now.

Personal Review:  We have tried this wine before! I was so surprised at how different it tasted this time. I would have never guessed that it was the same wine.  On the nose I got the same banana and plum flavors. However, the taste was peppery, tannic, oaky and dry ( in that order). The finish reminded me of biting into a bell pepper. It was more earthy than the last time I tried it. I was surprised that wine changes so much when in a bottle!



No comments:

Post a Comment