Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasting - Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Moscato


Name: Angove Zibibbo
Variety:  Sparkling Moscato
Region: South
Country: Australia
Year: 2012
Price: $ 5.95

Winery Review: This is a tasty and generous Moscato that opens with plush aromas of honey, peach syrup, white flower and fragrant exotic fruit. There’s a nice sensation of fullness and creaminess in the mouth that is backed by the foamy effervescence of this sparkling dessert wine.

Personal Review: This week I have a cold. Therefore, It was difficult to really be able to taste and smell the wine. I have definitely learned that smelling wine is a huge part of tasting it. However, this wine has been my favorite of all of the ones I have tasted so far! It was bubbly. Which made it light and smooth. It was very fruity and sweet. It was low in alcohol and the fruit flavor showed through perfectly. I did not try this wine with food. However, I'm not sure what this would pair with because it is so sweet.   

No comments:

Post a Comment