Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasting- Fetzer Malbec



Name: Fetzer
Variety:  Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: $ 5.95


Winery Review: Delicious Malbec is 100% from Mendoza, Argentina. It has a vibrant red color with violet tones. Subtle and delicious aromas with an intense mixture of red fruits, plum and cherry jam. On the palate it’s juicy and has intense wood-like tannins that make it a rustic, yet versatile wine. Long finish.

Personal Review: As stated in a previous blog post, I am sick this week. Therefore, I am not able to get a good smell and that is a big part of tasting of the wine.  I thought the wine smelled like red wine. I did not get an specific smells in the wine. The color was dark red. I thought the wine was fruity and had a smooth finish, it was not very dry (which I prefer) and it was very light.  I did not try it with food. However, I can imagine if I did it would only get better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment