Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasting- Tres Ojos Garnacha



Name: Tres Ojos
Variety:  Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain  
Year: 2011
Price: $ 6.95

Winery Review: This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvée of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela. It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes. Made from organically grown grapes. Incredible value!"

Personal Review: As stated in a previous blog post, I am sick this week. Therefore, I am not able to get a good smell and that is a big part of tasting of the wine.  This wine was not to my taste. It smelled like red wine, did not pick up any specific smells. It was very dry. It made me want to drink a bottle of water after a taste. It was also very sour, it made my mouth pucker. Overall, it was okay. I may need to try it again to decide if I like it or not. I did not pair it with food. Maybe if I did, it would have been better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment