Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasting- The Royal Old Vines Chenin Blanc






Name: The Royal
Variety:  Old Vines Chenin Blanc
Region: Unkown
Country: South Africa  
Year: 2012
Price: $ 7.95

Winery Review: 90 Points – Robert Parker "One of the greatest buys I have tasted this year is this under $10, 100% Chenin Blanc from the Western Cape. A super flowery-scented nose includes notions of ripe honeydew melons and pears. This medium-weight, fresh, fruity, crisp, dry, textbook Chenin Blanc will provide immense pleasure over the next 12 months."

Personal Review: As stated in a previous blog post, I am sick this week. Therefore, I am not able to get a good smell and that is a big part of tasting of the wine. I prefer white wines, so I would be interested to try it again when my cold is gone. However, I got a fruity and flowery scent and taste. It was golden and very light. It had a smooth finish. I would love to try this wine again, preferably with food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment