Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tasting- Liberty Creek Merlot



Name:  Liberty Creek
Variety: Merlot
Region: Modesto
Country: California
Year: 2013
Price: $ 8.99  
Winery Review: Merlot is one of America's fastest growing red wines. Not as full-bodied as Cabernet, not quite as fruity as Chianti, our Merlot delivers rich flavors of ripe raspberry and cherry, with a smooth finish that is especially pleasing. Our Merlot's bold flavors and smooth style make it a great match for meat, pasta, or a hearty vegetarian dish. This wine is a great alternative to Burgundy! With its characteristic softness, Liberty Creek Merlot can be admirably used to contrast dishes with big, bold flavors like pasta arrabiata, or to complement more subtly flavored recipes like eggplant parmesan.

Personal Review: I could not smell the fruit. Upon first taste I found the wine to be very strong and bold. The alcohol was sharp and cut through my palate. The finish was bitter and dry. I did not enjoy this wine. I think that if I tried it again, I may like it more. Not a bad wine, I just do not enjoy the taste of Merlot. I did not pair it with food. However, if I did it would have cut the alcohol more and may have been enjoyable.    

No comments:

Post a Comment