Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tasting- Yellow Tail Shiraz




Name: Yellow Tail 
Variety:  Shiraz 
Region: South Eastern 
Country: Australia 
Year: 2013 
Price: $ 6.49

Winery Review: While some Shiraz can be over the top, this wine offers some seriously easy drinking, even when the wine is young. Red fruits dominate the nose and mouth, but subtle spice and a hint of dusty tannins join in for good measure. A perfect winter warmer and yet surprisingly drinkable all year around.Deep and dark in the palate, this Shiraz offers classic red berry fruit, Christmas cake spices, dried figs and a long, juicy finish. Serve with herb crusted leg of lamb, medium rare, and a handful of oven baked potato wedges.



Personal Review:  The wine was a dark red almost purple color. I got hints of vanilla upon first smell. I could taste the cherry and blackberry. However, I could not get any of the other flavors. The first taste was smooth. However, once I tasted it a second time it had a longer harsher finish. I think that I am currently starting to become accustomed to the taste of red wine.  I enjoyed the wine and would try it again. I did not pair it with food, but I think the earthy notes of the wine would taste good with grilled meat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment