Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tasting- Taylor Port Premier

Name: Taylor 
Variety:  Port Premier
Region: Porto
Country: Portugal 
Year: 2013
Price: $ 6.49 

Winery Review: Rich, fruity taste and smooth finish make Taylor Port the perfect choice to pair with your favorite dessert. It is a moderately sweet, ruby red port and is delicious for evening sipping. Serve over ice or at room temperature, with a twist, or with soda.

Personal Review: I love this wine! It has to be my top wine out of anyone that I have tasted thus far. The wine is a very light red. It looks thin and watery even if it has a high alcohol content (18%). However, you cannot tell when drinking the wine. It was not acidic nor had a lot of bite to it. It was sweet, almost like dessert. It has a very smooth finish. I swirled and smelled to see what fruit flavors I could get. I could not pick up any of the smells. The wine just smelled sweet. I did not pair it with food. I imagine that it would taste good with fruit or maybe something less sweet to balance the sweetness of the wine.   


No comments:

Post a Comment