Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tasting- Tempo Riserva Sangiovese

Name:  Terre di Talamo Morellino di Scansano Riserva
Variety: Sangiovese
Region: Scansano
Country: Italy
Year: 2006
Price: $ 16.99

Winery Review: Intense, Cherry, Spice, Full-bodied Wine Advocate - Scansano, Tuscany, Italy- "A darker wine laced with smoke, earthiness grilled herbs, black cherries and an array of darker aromas and flavors... Make no mistake about it, this is a serious wine."

Personal Review:  The best way to describe this wine is earthy! It almost reminds me of the smell of wet mud. Others flavors that I got were oregano and olives. This wine would be good with a hearty meal of spaghetti. It was very dry for my liking. However, it was not as dry compared to the others. Overall, it would probably be better with a meal. I may want to try it again when my palate becomes more refined.

No comments:

Post a Comment