Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tasting- Vasco Sassetti Sangiovese Ginepro Sangiovese

Name: Vasco Sassetti Sangiovese Ginepro
Variety: Sangiovese
Region: Montalcino
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: $ 9.99

Winery Review: Fresh, Fruity, Plum, Medium-bodied Montalcino, Italy- All the flavor and style you can ask for, with plenty of plummy, smoky, anise flavors, impressively put together with a good but not overwhelming dose of tannin. This is really a fun little wine to drink. Ginepro is the Italian word for Juniper tree.

Personal Review: This week my local total wine store was having a tasting of wines from Tuscany! This was the second best wine that I tried. (As the tasting went on the wine got progressively drier. ) This wine was the perfect blend of smoke and okay flavor. It was a bit dry for my liking. However, it was the least dry of the bunch. Overall, this wine probably would have tasted a lot better with food. I do not think my palate is refined enough for dry red wines. I prefer sweet wines with less complex flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment