Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tasting- KupelWieser Pinot Grigio

Name: Kupelwieser
Variety: Pinot Grigio  
Region: Alto Adige
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $ 15.99

Winery Review: Crisp, Citrusy, Pear, Medium-bodiedAlto Adige, Italy- Crisp, and refreshing Pinot Grigio handcrafted by award winning winemaker Peter Zemmer. This complex white reveals flavors of citrus and tree fruits with nuances of mineral, all showcased by a lengthy finish. Try with Catfish, Cod or Snapper.

Personal Review: This week my local total wine store was having a tasting of wines from Tuscany! The color of this Pinot really surprised me! It was light, almost like water. This had to be my favorite of the five wines that I tried. It was crisp and reminded me of citrus. the finish was smooth and light. This wine was perfect in that it was not to light and not to dry. It was the perfect balance of sweet and acidic.

No comments:

Post a Comment