Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tasting- F.J Serra Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: F.J. Serra
Variety:  Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: ?
Country: California
Year: 2012
Price: $17.99

Winery Review: Deep garnet color. Aromas of spiced cherries and vanilla-banana cake with a silky, fruity medium body and a snappy apple sauce, cassis jam, and cedar finish. A tasty sipper or gourmet burger wine.

Personal Review: This wine had been open for a couple of days when I first drank it. I am not sure how that affected the taste of the wine. The color was a ruby red, typical of most red wine. Upon, first swirl I got the smell of cherry. However, that was it. When I tasted it all I got on my palate was the acidity of the wine. I could not taste any of the fruity notes that I expected. This wine had a very acidic finish. It was not fruity and light as I expected. This wine was to acidic on its own. Which is why I think it would be perfect for a food pairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment