Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tasting- Terrazas Malbec

Name: Terrazas
Variety:  Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $6.99

Winery Review: Its deep red garnet colour with intense and bright hues is perfectly in tune with his complexe and intense aromas given by bursts red fruits like cherry, and rose hip, followed by elegant notes of lavender. Toasted & tobacco aromas hints at the end reflect its ageing in barrels. A sttrong introduction in mouth with all the smoothness of juicy fruits is combined with structuring and mature tannins. A dominant acidity develops a remarkably long persistency.

Personal Review: This wine is a ruby red color. Its is a mid body wine.  Upon sniffy sniff I get the smell of Cherry. I can smell other fruits in it however, I do not know the other smells. When I swirl the wine around in my mouth I get a smooth taste at first. However, when I swallow the wine it burns the back of my throat. There is a smoky component to this wine that I do not enjoy. This wine has a horrible after taste. I wonder if it would taste better with food, however, I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment