Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tasting-Valpolicella Ripasso Antica Corte

Name:  Valpolicella Ripasso
Variety: Antica Corte
Region: Valpolicella
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $19.99

Winery Review:  Wine & Spirits - Valpolicella, Veneto, Italy- "This tight black wine is structured by its flavors of blueberry skins and blackberry seeds, the fruit and tannins reading as one. It's tense with freshness that lengthens and deepens its flavors, a gracious appetite-inducing red to decant for braised lamb.

Personal Review:  It was a deep red color. From the first smell you could tell that it was a big wine. I got lots of earthy tones. It reminded me of leather mixed with the smoky flavor of tobacco. I could tell that there were dark fruits in it, but I could not pick up an particular scents. I think that the smoky flavor was overwhelming.  This wine overwhelmed my palate. It is spicy and zingy and very dry. It was  too much for me. I was glad to be exposed to all of these complex and deep flavors. However, I do not appreciate them. I think in a couple of years I will enjoy this wine more.

No comments:

Post a Comment